18 September 2007 ~ 7 Comments

Finally my first article on Geeks are Sexy

[GAS]I mentioned in a recent post that I had been trying to get my first article done for Geeks are Sexy. Initially I thought I’d do a Photoshop tutorial and had actually begun working on it before changing my mind yesterday and deciding to just write about what I really love – Illustrator. Once I decided to do that the article practically wrote itself. If you’re new to Illustrator and vector illustration and would like to learn how you can create a custom brush for line art drawings, perhaps my little article will get you started in the right direction.

7 Responses to “Finally my first article on Geeks are Sexy”

1. Bucky 18 September 2007 at 6:38 am Permalink

I see what you just did there… :)

2. krilz 18 September 2007 at 4:00 pm Permalink

ooo an article, not as easy to write as regular posts I know.
    Good job on that, easy to follow and even my younger brother could follow that one. :D

ps. that with my younger brother was a good thing mike!
    Think positive thoughts… ahmmm…..

3. krillz 18 September 2007 at 5:17 pm Permalink

ow my god! you server is so sloooooooo…..oooow!
    Do you experience like a new visitor peak or something or is there just a traffic jam on the pipe between Eu and US ?

Anyway try caching/buffering some of the dynamic content like some sql queries etc that doesn’t change that often to take some load of the server.

And that was tip of the day delivered by Krillz yay!

haha damnit I have too much spare time.

4. Mike 18 September 2007 at 5:54 pm Permalink

Honestly you’re the first person to ever complain about the speed…lol. It’s rather speedy over here :) Every now and then there will be a little hiccup but for the most part everything loads nearly instantly for me =)

5. krillz 18 September 2007 at 5:57 pm Permalink

I’m going with the traffic jam between EU and US, hell I thought we lived in a world where traffic went through satellites not a fat copper wire through the Atlantic ocean.

Ah well what you gonna do :P

6. Tish 18 September 2007 at 9:51 pm Permalink

Great job on the first post!

7. Mike 19 September 2007 at 12:18 am Permalink