Schmoozing as defined by Dictionary.com is the ability “to converse casually, especially in order to gain an advantage or make a social connection.” When it comes to blogging, schmoozing is your ticket to making new friends, getting yourself noticed and building a reputation. Some bloggers are gifted with the ability to effectively schmooze and others not so much. My new friend Danielle and I would like to recognize those bloggers who exhibit strong schmoozing skills. In order to do so we’ve created the new Power of Schmooze award! Each of us are rewarding five bloggers to kick things off. Here are my five. These folks are not only wonderful friends but also masters of the schmooze.
- Adria of In Cinq – She’s friendly, easy going and pretty darn good at networking with others. Her In Cinq project wouldn’t be nearly as successful as it is if she didn’t know how to schmooze.
- Mark of MeAndMyDrum – A great friend and a truly excellent schmoozer. One of the co-founders of our iReply movement, clearly Mark knows the importance of communication in blogging.
- The Baron of Brown Thoughts – Also an excellent friend and co-founder of the iReply movement. He says he’s shy but that doesn’t stop him from making his rounds in the blogosphere.
- Christy of Christy’s Coffee Break – Just check out that Technorati rank of hers. This woman knows how to schmooze. A great sense of humor, outgoing and friendly personality make her a no-brainer for a Schmooze Award.
- Marzie of Mariuca – Wishing on Falling Star – Marzie is seriously one of the nicest people on the internet. She leaves thoughtful, sweet and often flattering comments wherever she goes. She’s a truly gifted schmoozer.
I could really go on with this list and name another five folks with ease, but I must stop at five. Now it’s up to these five schmooze-worthy folks to pass along this excellent award to others they believe have the power of schmooze :)